Back in early March I added aspiration windows to Prophet with a window of 1/3 pawn, as well as some futility pruning and delta pruning. My schedule hasn’t allowed me to do a lot of work on the code since then, so I took advantage of the time to find some new sparring partners. The results are in the table below.
These games — almost 200k of them — are played at 3+0.5. That is, the clock starts at 3 seconds and 1/2 second is added after each move. That may seem like a fast game but when you’re going for quantity, it’s actually slower than I’d like. That’s about as fast as I could go on my older test system without getting a lot of time forfeits.
I’ve actually dropped Beowulf, Prophet2, and Matheus off the active list. The others should keep Prophet busy for a while.
With summer coming and other commitments starting to wind down for a while, I’ve started working again. The latest version seems to be about +10 ELO above this version.